Sunday, January 29, 2012

Makeup Brushes Pt 1: DIY Makeup Brush Organization

Let me start of by saying that if you know me at all, you know that I am not organized in any way, shape, or form. When I come across an organization tool that sticks...well, I just have to share it. If it can work for me, it can work for anybody. I first got this idea from seeing the brush displays at Sephora (aka my heaven on earth). Then, when Pinterest came out (aka heaven on the internet) I was inspired to try. This little "project", if you can even call it that because it is so easy, is cute, cheap, and displays your brushes in a fun way while also making them accessible.

First, you'll want to get a small glass candle holder/glass container (I got mine from Wal-Mart for 2.50-ish). You want it to be small enough so that it will make the depth of the beads enough to hold your brushes totally upright (the first time I did it I got a glass container too wide at the bottom). The beads/mini-pebbles are from the home-decor section at Michael's craft store. Obviously, you could get these from anywhere they sell this type of thing, and in any color to match your own decor. I've heard of even using coffee beans, but that might be more fragrant (and not as pretty). I used one package of the beads (I believe they were 5.99). Dump the beads in the glass and voila! You've got a lovely and accessible brush holder!

Next time, I'm going to highlight tips and tricks for washing and drying your brushes to make them last! Do you guys have ways that you use to keep your brushes organized? Did you try this "project"? Let me know in the comments! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment