Friday, March 23, 2012

The Odds of me being there at midnight...

Are next to none. In fact, they are none. This is not out of lack of caring about the release of what could be the start of one of the greatest trilogies ever. No, this is because I am old....ish. Still young, but also old. Middle Aged. Whatever. I like to sleep. plain and simple. The thought of having to extend this day until 3 AM makes me want to....to....well I don't know, but think of something dramatic.
Also, though. There's this.

This is Peeta. And look before I get going on this....if you haven't read the books, well, you should probably just not waste anymore of your life and go ahead and do it! It is an amazing story with lots of deep messages about war, division, and such. Oh and if you are reading this and you have no idea what I'm talking about....Hunger Games. ANYWAY...Peeta. Apparently Josh Hutcherson, playing Peeta for the movie, is the newest craze (craze being an understatement) in celebrity land (which honestly, I don't get...Liam Hemsworth who plays Gayle is 10X hotter even if he is dating Miley Cyrus), and if the girls in my class act anything like they way they do when his name is spoken tonight at the premiere...I want to be as far away from that shriek as possible!

[image via]

 I am so looking forward to seeing this film. I am hoping that the interpretation on-screen of the incredible adventure in the book does it justice. From what I have seen so far, it looks that we will not be disappointed. The books were so great that every book I read now...well let's just say it has a lot to live up to.

[image via]
Here's our real-life Katniss. Except it's not real-life, because it's in movie-life....but you know what I mean. No need to get into semantics here ;-). Again, from the previews...she looks totally prepared to take on this monstrous role. Serious, cold, a little bitter...it's all there. I just hope she knows how much her life is going (or probably already is) to change!! Wouldn't you love to be known as "The girl on fire" for the rest of your life? I would.

Are you excited for the premiere? Are there any other Hunger Games fans out there?
Did you go to midnight premiere already? How was it!??!

PS I am planning on going on Sunday so I'm building the suspense for a few more days...

1 comment:

  1. You have some major patience if you're waiting until Sunday, my friend. I'm going tonight and I'm contemplating going to an 11 am showing because I'm SO anxious. I know I won't, but the thought is lurking in the back of my mind. Also, I love that you said to quit wasting your life and go read the books (for anyone who hasn't, but SERIOUSLY, do it). ANYWAY, I hope you have a fab weekend. I'll let you know how the movie is!

    -Frances

    ReplyDelete