Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Monday, Back to Reality

Time for my favorite post of the week.......BACHELOR.

And y'all, this is one of the best parts of the Bachelor too-- HOMETOWN DATES. You can learn SO MUCH about someone from watching how they interact with their family.

One quick interesting side note before we get started breaking down the dates: There wasn't as much jaw-dropping drama since Michelle was sent packing last week...I know I am turning into a reality TV fan when I start MISSING her because of the antics she brought to the show. All I can say is I *hope* she comes to the "Women Tell All" little show they will inevitably have the week before the finale....

OK. So.
Chantal O.; every week this girl gets more and more on my nerves. I am sure, deep down, that she is sweet and all...but to me, she just looks and acts like she grew up getting everything she wanted if she just pouted those big ol' lips of hers. Oh wait...pan to a shot of her parents' house and our suspicions are confirmed. Now, listen, I don't have anything against wealthy peeps...in fact, I like to look at and drool over their beautiful homes and divine interiors, so without them I'd have a lot less to entertain myself with. But in the context of the show it was just kind of like...ACK...she's got money..and she works for daddy...meh. The whole date was kind of lame, even though her parents did seem nice enough. There just wasn't a whole lot going on. Besides mom's botox.

Ashley; Contrary to Chantal, Ashley is growing on me every week. She acts a little neurotic sometimes, but she's cute and has a really natural spunk. She takes Brad to her dreamy little town where they still use the "honor system" to pay for fruits at a roadside stand. Presh. Also, she treated him to gravy-and-cheese covered fries and Maine lobster. MY KIND OF GIRL. This date was by far my favorite. Her and her family were just awesome. I would want to hang out with them. And I'm not normally a fan of tons of tattoos, but Ashley's sister had somethin' good goin on. She was just a sight. All of their personalities were FABULOUS. I think Ashley has her head on straight and I can see why- a great family makes a big difference.

Shawntel N...oh Shawntel. I really like you. I think you're one of the most naturally pretty, sweet girls that may have ever been on the Bachelor. And honestly, it's wasn't the taking Brad to the funeral home that really did him in...it was the fact that he was going to have to be "the one who stole you away from the family business causing a huge familial rift". That's a lot of pressure for anyone to bear. But girl, you held it together when you got eliminated which made me like you even more.
Yeah, her job is weird. But you know what? It takes a really special person to face what she does every day and be positive and helpful and kind. For that, I respect her.

Emily; You just can't not love Emily. Like literally...it's not possible. She looked so dang good in her blue dress at the cocktail party it just wasn't fair. But back to the date. Did the producers or did they not lead us to believe that her date was a disaster because Ricky wouldn't talk to Brad and was being shy and mean??? EDITING. Gets you every time. No, in fact, Ricky warmed very well up to Brad for a 5 year old, I think, and he didn't want to leave "weird" because HE didn't want to disrespect Emily by kissing her but she definitely wanted him to. Who'd have thunk it!? I am now thinking she may make it into the top two...but I don't know. Us girls were having an argument about whether he's ready to be a dad....

Kudos:
-Ashley's family. Cuz they're awesome.
-Shawntel, for leaving with grace.
-Chantal's dad's purple shirt...what?? Purple is my favorite color and it was a nice shirt. But he also gets a "K,what?" for trying to look to young.
-Emily for letting Brad meet Ricky. That's a big deal, but I think it was the right choice in this context.

K,What?:
-Shawntel, for making Brad lie down on the embalming table. That's just weird.
-Chantal, for the ridiculous haircut her dog had.

We're closing in on the answer, blog friends. It's only a matter of time...
Thanks for reading. :) COMING UP THURSDAY: Birchbox Show and Tell!!

No comments:

Post a Comment