Wednesday, February 2, 2011

things we like, iced in edition

We are on a HISTORIC day 3 of snow days (well, technically, ice days) here in Plano, TX. Seriously, this is unheard of. Then again, the ice is pretty bad- and here down in the good ol' south, we don't know how to handle that!!
I have had a few days to sit around and think about all these great things I've discovered recently, so I wanted to share it.
A neighbor and I trekked over to the JCPenney by our house and spent some time wandering around...there is a Sephora in there and I am so excited about something I found there:
The PERFECT lip gloss!
Benefit just introduced some new colors in their line of lip glosses called "Ultra Shine Lip Gloss"; if you're familiar at all with Benefit cosmetics, you know how fabulous they are. So naturally, I shouldn't have been surprised by this find BUT- I love sparkle, and I love color, two things that you can't necessarily wear as a teacher. They found a way to make a color that is both glam-sparkly and beautifully colored while still being understated enough for a conservative job! Mine is coming soon, and while I wait YOU should check it out! (The color I'm getting is So Frisk Me...haha)
Next, and I am SO EXCITED about this one too...

I have discovered BirchBox. What is it, you ask? Well, for 10$ a month, you get sent this CUTE box of deluxe samples of high-end cosmetic brands (like Benefit, but including Nars, Kiehl's, Cargo and more). It's basically like a present every month! They have two sign-up options; a full year (discounted so its basically like getting a free month) or month-to-month. The February box sign-up has already passed, but you can definitely go ahead and sign up for March box! I will let everybody know how the box is when I get it :)
Beauty, beauty, beauty...love it!
I will throw in one more thing we like...READING!
Right now, I am reading The Uglies by Scott Westerfield. I love non-reality books! I'm only about 15 pages in, but I can tell it's gonna be a good one! Also, I love series because you can really get into the characters :)

Happy discovering, blog friends!

2 comments:

  1. "The Uglies" is on my list to read!! I've heard great reviews. Have you read "The Hunger Games?" If you haven't, you better walk your butt down to that swanky cute little bookstore by you and buy it!! This book will not let you down!! Seriously....it earned a spot in my coveted top favorite books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Uglies series is awesome! So glad you are reading it. I've read two of the three Hunger Games, and it's also wonderful! FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete