Sunday, March 18, 2012

Beauty Favorite: MASCARA

Hey y'all! Sorry about the long absence-- I have been gallivanting around the United States, first with my 8th grade students for a whirlwind tour of our nation's capital (LOVE DC!!) and then with most members of my family for a trek up the Colorado Rockies for some lovely skiing. It was definitely a crazy but totally fun two weeks.

But here we are, back to the things of daily life. As promised, this is a post about my absolutely must-have favorite beauty product: Mascara. It is definitely one of those things that wakes up your face whether you have any other make-up on or not, and it only takes seconds to apply.  The thing is, there are lots of mascaras out there, so I am going to outline my 4 favorites at 4 price points. Each mascara I use is NOT waterproof, although they make waterproof versions of each kind (waterproof is too harsh on my lashes). Enjoy!!

1. Splurge: Dior DiorShow Mascara 25$

This mascara is the total package (it should be for 25$ =)). It doesn't clump and it makes lashes long and fluttery. It is easy to remove yet still lasts all day! The big brush helps it go on quick and evenly and boosts the volume.

2. Less Expensive Splurge: Bad Gal Lash by Benefit Cosmetics 19$

This may be my absolute favorite mascara in the world. I only buy it every once in a while due to the price but when I do I am never disappointed. I have been using this stuff since high school. It is the only mascara that I have ever received compliments on-- not once, but SEVERAL compliments on my LASHES. Yeah, it's that good. Big brush, fabulous formula, and looks so natural yet so defined.

3. Mid-Range: Clinique High Impact Mascara 15$

This mascara is what I am currently using and I liked it so much I have bought a second tube. I got it for Christmas in a gift set and it is a great mascara. It's by Clinique so of course it's good for everyone's eyes and it's got a little bit thicker formula than my favorite drugstore kind. It does everything the more expensive ones do and really lengthens.

4. Drugstore: Full N' Soft by Maybelline 5-7$

I've been using this mascara for as long as I can remember. It looks natural, makes my lashes long and defined, and is so gentle I have never had any issues with it. If you want a good, simple, all-around performer without all the extra craziness (which I have found doesn't always do what it says) then this is your best bet.

There you have it! I use black in all mascaras (Very Black in the Maybelline). I have tried brown since I am fair but it just does not define my lashes as well. Of course, you know what's best for you so have at it! =) Let me know if you end up buying any of these and what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment